Since summer is closing out and this is the last bit of free time I’ll have for a while, I’ve been enjoying just relaxing. I’ve been reading (What I’m Reading), painting (pictures of my room mural to come!), and just hanging out with my family. I visited my boyfriend (he lives in Memphis) and we had a great time! We swam and went out on their boat (I went tubing and loved it! But I was so sore the next day), went out to Sweet Cece’s (one of my favorite places!), and Macaroni Grill, too. I’ve been to a lot of Italian places, especially recently, but I still like Macaroni Grill’s fettuccine alfredo better than all the others I’ve tried. The two of us watched a lot of movies together. Which brings me around to this post! Here are the movies I’ve watched recently:
- Winnie the Pooh– My boyfriend and I went and saw this in the theaters. It was so cute! It was more of a traditional story than the past two movies (The Tigger Movie and Piglet’s Big Movie- both of which I love). The story was so sweet and I really enjoyed the classic looking animation. I was really sleepy though so I was fighting to stay awake- not at all because the movie was boring!- but I’ll definitely have to see it again when it comes out on DVD.
- Crazy, Stupid, Love– We also went and saw this in the theater. It was so good! It was hilarious- love Steve Carrell and everyone else in it. The story was really good- I thought it was unpredictable which is always a plus. I would definitely recommend seeing this in the theater on a date night or with friends :)
- Black Swan– I finally got around to watching this the other day! I’ve been wanting to for a really long time and I really loved it. It was definitely a freaky and sorta disturbing movie but it wasn’t like a horror film (I hate scary movies). The director, Darren Aronofsky, is amazing. I’ve seen several of his movies (Requiem for a Dream and Pi) and they are all really memorable movies. His filming style is very distinct, I could see similarities between Requiem and Black Swan. This movie is definitely dark with a lot of scenes that made me cringe (and a couple that made me close my eyes). A lot of people were freaking out about a certain “risque” scene in the movie but I wasn’t bothered by it…but that’s just me! Overall, it was a great movie but probably not one that I’d rush to watch again.
- Easy A– Ok so Alex (boyfriend) and I rented this. I had heard it was a good, funny movie…yeah I don’t know what those people were thinking. I thought it was terrible! The whole idea of it was pretty stupid and I found everything about it unrealistic. Blah! I can’t believe we wasted our time on it.
- 127 Hours– Now this movie I’d heard not so good things about. People were saying it was really boring (because the whole movie was about the guy who was in a canyon and gets his arm stuck and has to get out before he dies) but I thought the filming was really well done. Even though most of the movie was just him trapped in a canyon, they made it really interesting and got inside his head. James Franco did an amazing job acting in this. So yep! Not an uplifting movie but I’d say worth watching.